Networker

Re: [Networker] cat.exe for w2k3

2005-04-26 16:00:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] cat.exe for w2k3
From: "Fields, David" <David.Fields AT ACS-INC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:55:00 -0400
I've been using the Cygwin utilities on my Legato serves with no problem.
If to get the software to run outside of the "Cygwin" shell, you have modify
the PATH variables for the entire system.  For example, if you have the
Cygwin software installed into c:\cygwin, then you need to modify the path
variable to include the following directories (this will require a reboot
for the NetWorker services to become aware of this):

  c:\cygwin\lib;c:\cygwin\bin

I haven't tried this under W2K3 though.

I've been using the Cygwin stuff for generating e-mail's when group finishes
for a couple of years now, and I haven't had any problems.

David