Networker

Re: [Networker] odd behavior with NetWorker (but not Solaris file-copying utilies)

2005-04-25 14:38:15
Subject: Re: [Networker] odd behavior with NetWorker (but not Solaris file-copying utilies)
From: Anthony Botham <anthony.botham AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 19:23:14 +0100
In a similar environment I found it neccessary to stop Essbase
completely before taking a backup, then restarted it after the backup
was completed.

It means you have a small Essbase downtime window, but was the only
way I found to guarantee Essbase consistency (Have you tried restoring
your Essbase backup ?)

Essbase also supports the idea of exporting the data while Essbase is
running, but in my experience this is too slow to be used as a backup.

Anthony