Networker

Re: [Networker] jbconfig to add a Windows client

2005-04-17 14:20:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] jbconfig to add a Windows client
From: Tarik El Mansouri <etarik AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:12:18 +0200
hello,

(1) inquire output will give you the [email protected] of the jukebox controller
then compare inquire and sjisn <b.t.l> output to have the drive order.

(2) Tape drives are discoverd by the OS, depending on hardware config
(connections from tapes to
server HBAs...), OS driver discovery mode and it results in none ordered
devices numbers.
If you are in a FCAL environnement, check for persistent binding options in
your driver
configuration apps, depends on HBA models...
(t.l of the inquire command are target luns of your target luns discoverd by
your HBA driver)

(3) Tweak: rename registry entries on Windows (as you can rename device links
on Unix).
- Search for Tape0 string it is in HKLM values
- Update based on (1)
- inquire cm
- reboot

(4) If you still have incorrect order, you can still set up your library: when
running jbconfig
enter the drives in the order of your config, cf (1)

Hope it helps,
Regards.