Networker

[Networker] Problem with staging to storage node

2005-04-08 09:28:31
Subject: [Networker] Problem with staging to storage node
From: "Allan, Kevin" <KEVIN.ALLAN AT SAIC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 06:28:08 -0700
I am currently in the process of setting up our first adv_file type devices
and staging policies but have hit a problem,

We have one networker server and two storage nodes, each with local tape and
adv_file devices.

I had hoped to configure the system so that all staging would be localised
to the server in question, thus removing any network traffic during the
staging process.

I.E.

Staging on the networker server would only use the local adv_file device and
stage to a local LTO drive.

Staging on the storage node would only use the local adv_file device and
stage to a local LTO drive.

Unfortunately I cannot seem to get this working, all staging at the moment
has to stage to a LTO device attached to the networker server.

If I do not include a device from the networker server in the stage policy
destination pool, I end up with the following error:

04/08/05 12:06:16 nsrd: media notice: no matching devices; check storage
nodes, devices or pools for save of client `networker server'

nsrstage: error, no matching devices; check storage nodes, devices or pools

nsrstage: Cannot open nsrstage session with kirkbkp01

nsrstage: Failed to clone any save sets

I would appreciate any pointers.

Regards,

Kevin