Networker

Re: [Networker] Notes Online module: error 525

2005-04-08 08:49:28
Subject: Re: [Networker] Notes Online module: error 525
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:47:30 +0200
Hello,

Here we have:

- Legato 7.1.2 server / Windows 2000
- Legato 7.1.2 clients / Notes Module 2.2 / Windows 2000

No problems at all. The scheduled clients work as expected.

You need:

1 - A client resource for the normal backup (i.e. C:, D:, etc.)
        - Directive for skipping *.nsf,*.ntf

2 - A client resource (named identically) for the Notes backup (i.e. NOTES:)
        - No directive
        - Same backup group as the normal client resource
        - Backup command = nsrnotesv.exe
        - Application information =
        MYARGS=-v -x -C -F C:\Legato\nsr\applogs\nmlbackup.log -R
        SKIPDBERRORS=Yes

3 - Definition of OS variables:

        Notes_ExecDirectory=D:\Lotus\Domino
        PATH=PATH + D:\Lotus\Domino;C:\legato\nsr\bin

If you want to use GUI client recovery you need too:

4 - Copy 'nsrdoclb.dll' to Notes directory (not Domino)
5 - Add this line to 'notes.ini' for Notes (not Domino)

        AddInMenus=nsrdoclb.dll

If you don't want to have problems with the recovery (using GUI) of
databases, ALL of them MUST be under ...\Data directory of the Domino
server. If you have a FILE.DIR to relocate the databases in another drive
then you can't use the GUI recovery.

I hope this helps!

PS: After two years of working with this module I continue thinking that it
has been created "for being in the market" because everytime I have a
problem with it is a pain (for example, recently, two weeks ago, the backups
started to fail. We haven't changed anything in the client nor in the
server. The problem solved only after reinstalling the module and a
deactivation/activation of the Domino Transactional Logs :-(

Good luck!