Networker

[Networker] Anyone backing up AIX 5.3?

2005-04-07 15:45:23
Subject: [Networker] Anyone backing up AIX 5.3?
From: Paul Goslin <pgoslin AT CINCOM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 15:36:23 -0400
We have a new AIX 5.3 server we need to backup. I attempted an install of
7.1.2 client, but it fails with the errors below. Is anyone backing up
this release of AIX? Where can I find a client?

geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwX -V2 -J"  -Z   -d /tmp -f File 2>&1

File:
    I:LGTOnw.clnt.rte              7.1.2.0

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---+
                    Pre-installation Verification...
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---+
Verifying selections...done
Verifying requisites...done
Results...

SUCCESSES
---------
  Filesets listed in this section passed pre-installation verification
  and will be installed.
    -- Filesets are listed in the order in which they will be installed.
    -- The reason for installing each fileset is indicated with a keyword
       in parentheses and explained by a "Success Key" following this
list.

  LGTOnw.clnt.rte 7.1.2.0 (Selected)
    NetWorker Client (Backup/Recover)

  Success Key:
  Selected    -- Explicitly selected by user for installation.
  Maintenance -- Maintenance Level fileset update; being installed
                 automatically to enable the level of the system to be
                 tracked.
  Mandatory   -- Considered to be important to the system; will always
                 be installed when detected on the installation media.
  Requisite   -- Requisite of other filesets being installed.
  P_Requisite -- Previously installed fileset's requisite; being installed
                 automatically now to ensure system's consistency.  (Only
                 installed automatically when "auto-install" (-g flag)
                 is specified.)
  Supersedes  -- Superseding fileset update; not selected, chosen instead
                 of an older, selected update.  (Only chosen in this
fashion
                 when "auto-install" is specified (-g flag)).

  << End of Success Section >>

FILESET STATISTICS
------------------
    1  Selected to be installed, of which:
        1  Passed pre-installation verification
  ----
    1  Total to be installed

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---+
                         Installing Software...
+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---+

installp:  APPLYING software for:
        LGTOnw.clnt.rte 7.1.2.0

restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block.
restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data may be lost.
Starting again at file ./usr/bin/mmlocate.
restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block.
restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data may be lost.
Starting again at file ./usr/bin/nsrclone.
restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block.
restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data may be lost.
Starting again at file ./usr/bin/nsrmm.
restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block.
restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data may be lost.
Starting again at file ./usr/bin/savefs.
restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block.
restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data may be lost.
Starting again at file ./usr/bin/networker.
restore: 0511-119 There is a missing header block.
restore: 0511-137 Trying to find the next header. Data may be lost.
Out of memory, malloc() failed.
0503-405 installp:  An error occurred while running the restore command.
        Use local problem reporting procedures.

installp:  CANCELLED software for:
        LGTOnw.clnt.rte 7.1.2.0

Finished processing all filesets.  (Total time:  0 secs).

+--------------------------------------------------------------------------
---+
                                Summaries:
---+

Installation Summary
Name                        Level           Part        Event       Result
----
LGTOnw.clnt.rte             7.1.2.0         USR         APPLY
CANCELLED