Networker

[Networker] Strange failure with a Windows backup

2005-04-05 14:48:03
Subject: [Networker] Strange failure with a Windows backup
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:41:48 -0400
Fo the past few days, one of the Windows 2000 servers on my nightly backup
schedule is failing. This server gets a full backup every night with about
130GB of data. The savegroup report says "5 retries" for this server. It
only backs up one directory on this Windows server. After the savegroup
stops, the backup for this particular server continues writing to tape.

The NetWorker server is version 7.1.3 under Solaris 9. The version of
NetWorker on the Windows server in question is also 7.1.3.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this issue? Why would
the save still be running (as indicated in nwadmin), but I cannot find
anything about it in /nsr/tmp and the savegroup that controls this
server's backup reports that it finished the backup?