Networker

Re: [Networker] Retrieving deleted client info

2005-04-04 19:38:16
Subject: Re: [Networker] Retrieving deleted client info
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 2005 19:31:58 -0400
If you're only re-creating the client so you can recover some data then
I wanna say that you can add an entry for the client in the server's
/etc/hosts file, and then NetWorker will let you add the client entry.
In fact, I believe that the client doesn't really even have to exist, as
long as there's a dummy entry in the /etc/hosts file for it. Anyway,
once you do that, I think NetWorker defaults back to using the previous
client id. I think you can enter a different one, thoguh, when you
create the client if you have Details turned on?  Might be best to do
this if you've had more than one client with that same name. Anyway,
once the client is back in the list then you should be able to use
saveset recover. The savesets should show up, but not until the client
is re-added. Not sure about nwrecover. Might need to recover client's
index for that.

Not sure what to do if your server is an NT or Windows box?

George