Networker

[Networker] networker 7.2 and library auto-load support

2005-04-01 02:56:48
Subject: [Networker] networker 7.2 and library auto-load support
From: Zaigui Wang <zaigui AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 23:53:35 -0800
We have a quantum P4000 that has autoloading feature: whenever a tape is
inserted into the
loadport and the tape will be moved from the loadport to the storage bin as
soon as the loadport
is closed.

This is all nice and dandy, Legato networker, however, has no ideas of this
happending. As a
result, the tapes are loaded but I have no idea where they went, short of
re-inventorying the
entire library.

Is there a way for the library to notify/update the networker software of
import/export events?
Sun support does not seem to think so. But I know for certain other backup
software, such as
CommVault, does this like a breeze.

anybody has input on this? thanks!

Zaigui