Networker

[Networker] Flexible Scheduling

2005-03-15 13:02:34
Subject: [Networker] Flexible Scheduling
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:55:58 +0000
Greetings, I was just going to search for this in the Archives, but I'm asked
for the login information, which I don't have at the moment.

Currently I have the following scheduling setup.

For different groups of clients, I have Fulls done at 17:00, or 17:30, or 18:00
once a month on Fridays. So, I have a 1st Friday Full, 2nd Friday Full, 3rd
Friday Full, and 4th Friday Full Schedules. They do their Full on Friday and do
Incrementals all other days of the week, with the exception of a Level 1 done
on the second Saturday after their respective Full. I have the time of day for
the backups to start in the Group resource for these clients.

I would like to change this do to the volume of backups that seem to be taking
Legato down sometimes on Saturday mornings at around 2-3 AM.

What I would like to implement is instead of Friday Full to start at 17:00 for
a group of clients, I'd like have the Full start at say 3 in the morning the
next day (Saturday), spending most of the day before the next Incremental at
Saturday evening. I would like for the daily Incremental/Level 1 backups to
stay the way they are - currently based on the groups start time of 17:00,
17:30 or 18:00.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Randy