Networker

[Networker] Backup hangs on Netware 6.5

2005-03-14 17:47:10
Subject: [Networker] Backup hangs on Netware 6.5
From: "John Seyller <seyller AT clemson DOT edu>" <seyller AT CLEMSON DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:46:42 -0500
We are running Solstice Backup 6.1.4 on a Sun V880.  We have a client
running Novell NetWare 6.5 whcih hangs durnig a backup at the same place
each time (about 1.2 GB backed up).  We have had this problem in the past,
and it resulted from a corrupted file.  Repeated searches of the 60 GB disk
volume have failed to identify the bad file.  I tried putting the client
into a group by itself and running savegroup -vvv to list the files being
backed up.  The list, however, only comes back after a successful backup.
Since the backups hang, we never get to that point.  Does anyone know of a
way to tell which file is being backed up as the backup is taking place?
Thanks for your help.

Regards,
JOhn