Networker

Re: [Networker] NetWorker configuration on a secondary network

2005-03-14 11:14:56
Subject: Re: [Networker] NetWorker configuration on a secondary network
From: "Reed, Ted G II [ITS]" <ted.reed AT MAIL.SPRINT DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:06:54 -0600
You are very close.  You can make everything happen over the _adm network, you
just have to do it initially that way in the jukebox setup.

When you build your jukebox start "jbconfig -s srv_adm"; when it asks jukebox
prefix, give stn_adm:

        On a storage node, the hostname is a prefix to the jukebox name.
        Enter the hostname to use as a prefix? [stb] STN_ADM

Your device/jukebox for the storage node should be:  rd=STN_ADM:/dev/rmt/Xcbn
The "rd=Server" is your communication path.

This will run your mount/umount commands over _adm network now.  However, I did
that previously and I seem to recall occasional problems (but I also had 1
master, 3 storage nodes)....YMMV.

PS.  "( Ithink the only way is to change server hostname from srv  to srv_adm
âEUR¦ )"  -- Don't do it, bad idea.
---
The client config for STN_ADM is a different item.  If you configure the client
as STN_ADM and treat it normally ("I defined its âEURoeserver network
interfaceâEUR?  as srv_adm and âEURoestorage nodesâEUR? as stn_adm"), it will
run it's backups over the _adm network, but the client config has nothing to do
with the jukebox communications.
---
We setup our Storage Nodes the way you have it now  with STN_ADM as the client
setup (STN_ADM has a Server Network Interface of Srv_adm and a Storage Node of
Stn_adm) but we don't have a problem w/ the minimal mount/umount traffic on the
production network.....it is miniscule compared to the level of traffic
occurring on the _adm network.  Again, YMMV.  Thanks.

--Ted