Networker

Re: [Networker] Right of way for recovers?

2005-03-10 09:11:17
Subject: Re: [Networker] Right of way for recovers?
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:08:45 -0500
On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Howard Martin wrote:

>Rather than using the write protect device on the tape we tend to mark the
>volume as read only in the GUI - might be I'm too lazy to walk to the
>jukebox.

Even if you set the write-protect tab on a tape cartridge, NetWorker may
still attempt to write to that tape if it is still appendable. I see no
advantage to setting the write-protect tab on cartridges that NetWorker
uses unless maybe you ship the tapes off-site for safe keeping. Setting
the tape volume as read only from within NetWorker seems adequate to me.