Networker

Re: [Networker] NDMP speeds (with a centera if anyone has one)

2005-03-07 11:44:54
Subject: Re: [Networker] NDMP speeds (with a centera if anyone has one)
From: Paul Esson <paul.esson AT REDSTOR DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 16:46:47 -0000
I have seen speeds of 30 MB/s with NDMP where the NAS is a Net Apps R200
NearStore and the drive is LTO-2.  A lot depends on the type of data
being written and whether or not you can keep the drive streaming.  An
LTO-2 drive is capable of supporting 40 MB/s write speeds if you can
sustain the data stream to it.

Regards,

Paul Esson
Senior Consultant
Redstor Limited

Direct:            +44 (0) 1224 595381
Mobile:           +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:           paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:               www.redstor.com
REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR
Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and
is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended
addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited
and may be unlawful.  Disclosure to any party other than the addressee,
whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or
confidentiality.