Networker

Re: [Networker] Empty clflags on clone?

2005-02-25 15:38:03
Subject: Re: [Networker] Empty clflags on clone?
From: Giles Malet <gdmalet AT IST.UWATERLOO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 15:32:50 -0500
> Hmmm...I'm on a Solaris box running Networker 6.1.4 and my man pages are
> different for clflags:

We're on Notworker 7.2, Solaris as well, and it does look like the
clflags have been reduced. I did notice an undocumented flag creep into
clflags a while ago though.... and I think it was F....

Aye - just found this in an old script:

    # Networker 6.1.3 introduced an undocumented flag.
    # Ignore it for now.
    gsub("F","",clflags);

However, I haven't seen that flag for a while, so instead of documenting
it perhaps they as silently removed it.

"One or more" is perhaps correct if F is used, but my man page is
definitely wrong.

It's annoying that they mess with these flags independent of the
documentation, and break critical scripts that rely on them, but that's
why we pay the big bucks for support I suppose.

gdm