Networker

Re: [Networker] Scheduling

2005-02-21 18:58:20
Subject: Re: [Networker] Scheduling
From: Ron Short <short AT SGI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:57:21 -0600
Dave,

Is it best then to select all the levels then to insure that the Default pool is not used?

Werth, Dave wrote:

Sid,

The reason your backups are asking for Default pool tapes rather than the
pools you set up is likely because you defined your pools too narrowly.
Probably in the backup levels you allow.

For instance, on our Win2K systems, an incremental backup will backup the
file systems at an incremental level but indexes are backed up at level 9
and the SYSTEM STATE & SYSTEM DB are backed up at level full even though
it's an incremental backup.

If your pool for this allows only incremental level backups then it will
fall back to the Default pool for the save sets mentioned above.

In general I've found you should keep the restrictions in a pool to a bare
minimum.

Dave

David Werth
Garmin AT, Inc