Networker

Re: [Networker] How to change retention period for indexes?

2005-02-16 06:34:36
Subject: Re: [Networker] How to change retention period for indexes?
From: Kenneth Larsen <kel AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:31:19 +0100
This is not the first time this has been on this list.
Just make sure your backup server is in the groups in which you want a
shorter retention, you don't have to actually backup anything on the
server, in order to get the correct retention policies on the indexes.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of 1.1 billion Euro and more than 9,000 employees, Steria
is one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe.
Steria Denmarks ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming
3 years. Our focus expertise is in:  e-Business, e-Government,
Outsourcing, Infrastructure, CRM and Workflow.

Anuj Mediratta <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT COM>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
16-02-2005 07:25
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
Anuj Mediratta <anuj AT ACE-DATA DOT COM>

NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [Networker] How to change retention period for indexes?

The retention period of index is the retention policy set for the client
resource configured for the backup server.

You can change the retention period of backup server for this.

If multiple client resources are configured for the backup server, it
would
take the maximum retention policy set.

Regards,
Anuj Mediratta