Networker

[Networker] nsrmmd process does not stop

2005-02-09 11:27:12
Subject: [Networker] nsrmmd process does not stop
From: Eric Johnson <eric.johnson AT ALLSTREAM DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:09:25 -0500
Hello,

Networker Server: Solaris 8
Networker Software: 7.1.2

Have run into a strange problem where I have two nsrmmd process that will
not be killed on the networker server. I stopped networker and all of the
other networker process shutdown normall. Prior to this happening I had a
backup session that was writing to two lto1 fiber drives. The backup that
was writing to drives was hung. I stopped the backup that was hung, then
proceeded to stop networker. I noticed the two hung nsrmmd processes by
running a ps -ef|grep nsr. I waited 30 minutes and the two processes were
still in the process table. Checking the daemon.log and /var/adm/messages I
don't see any tape drive errors or any reason why the backup would have
hung in the first place. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this
would be happening.