Networker

Re: [Networker] When will Networker support Solaris 10?

2005-02-08 13:13:24
Subject: Re: [Networker] When will Networker support Solaris 10?
From: Oscar Olsson <spam1 AT QBRANCH DOT SE>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 19:12:30 +0100
On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Terry Lemons wrote:

TL> [Lemons, Terry] FWIW, I have seen Legato folks make new product
TL> announcements in this mailing list.  This is list is known within Legato,
TL> and I know that a number of Legato employees are members of this list.
TL>
TL> If you would like to see product announcements made here, speak up (couldn't
TL> hurt)!

Yes, I would. As long as they are of a technical nature and not
cross-posted everywhere, and only covering the Networker product.

For instance, I really liked what Legato did (or at least an employee of
theirs) with announcing and beta-testing the new exchange client. Just
because a product is commercial and closed source, doesn't necessarily
mean that all testing and interaction with the company and/or engieneers
should ONLY be made through official channels.

I believe that networker would rather benefit from open beta releases,
at least if bugs found are actually identified and fixed before release.
I'm sure that there are plenty of individuals out there who'd enjoy
testing betas and providing feedback to EMC and/or the community.

//Oscar