Networker

Re: [Networker] Legato support worse than usual?

2005-02-08 08:40:13
Subject: Re: [Networker] Legato support worse than usual?
From: Mike Borkowski <mikeb AT COOT.UWATERLOO DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 08:35:09 -0500
I have found Legato is closing many of our problems as "working as
designed", and my only option is to have a RFE (Request For
Enhancement) submitted.  After moving our Solaris NetWorker server and
some of our W2K3 clients to 7.2, we noticed the backup report for each
W2K3 client now includes two addtional lines per filesystem backed up.
The additional messages are "This client is not licensed for VSS." and
"x:\ will be saved without a snapshot being taken.".  I tried to report
this as a bug and was told it was designed to work that way, so my only
option was to ask for a RFE.  Poor design changes don't seem to be
bugs!

--mike

Michael Borkowski, University of Waterloo