Networker

[Networker] checksum error

2005-02-07 13:34:26
Subject: [Networker] checksum error
From: Craig Ruefenacht <craig.ruefenacht AT US.USANA DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:33:11 -0700
Hi,

We were performing a recover over the weekend using the command-line
recover program (its part of an automated script), and about  1/6 of the
way through this error occured:

        ./bchist_data04.dbf
        ./odsy_data05.dbf
        ?checksum
        recover: Unable to read checksum from save stream
        Received 44 file(s) from NSR server `apollo'
        Recover completion time: Mon Feb  7 10:03:08 2005

The recover was taking place on our Networker server (HP-UX 11i) - so
the files were being restored local to the Networker server.  There was
supposed to be about 198 files recovered.

I've re-run the restore (using the same automated script) and its
working fine now.

My question is, does anyone know what the checksum error is indicative
of?  My assumption is that its a communications failure somewhere.
Could it also point to a tape read/write error?  I didn't see any read
or write errors in the Networker log.

--
Craig Ruefenacht
UNIX Systems Administrator