Networker

Re: [Networker] 7.2 NDMP Bug

2005-02-03 10:06:48
Subject: Re: [Networker] 7.2 NDMP Bug
From: Pat DeCelie <pdecelie AT SIAC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 10:06:14 -0500
Legato Admins

>> Original Notice:
>> We had to fallback to 7.1.2. The major problem is that you can not
>> recover any data backed up using NDMP.

>Stan wrote:
>Failure to recover NDMP data is a serious issue from where I sit. I
>haven't upgraded from 7.1.2 to 7.1.3 on our Solaris server yet, and I am
>now wondering if I should. Have you contacted LEGATO tech support about
>this issue? What was LEGATO's response? What is your case number and does
>this affect all types of NDMP clients?

I agree, an inability to recover NDMP data is a very serious problem.
That is why we fell back. We have a case open, I don't have the ID now.
I'll send it later.  We were told that a hotfix will be coming but no date
was given.  It seems that the 7.2 release was rushed, there are several
things to fix and it will take more time.  As I said, we fell back to 7.1.2
and restores work. Note that we did not enable the new 7.2 features like
NDMP backups to non-NDMP drives so it made the fallback easy.

Our NAS devices are EMC Celerra Datamovers, model 507 running ONTAP 5.1.24.
I don't think it is relevant though.

Pat