Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 7.1.2. vs 7.1.3

2005-02-02 17:27:57
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 7.1.2. vs 7.1.3
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 16:26:26 -0600
The NetWare clients are running NWv4.21 and I already did the
'NSR_SPPORT*****' variable for the Unix environment.
I can browse the server's indexes from the clients.

I haven't tried the 'aliases yet', how do you go about that?

TIA,
Librado

>>> mooney AT DOGBERT.CC.NDSU.NODAK DOT EDU 02/02/05 04:14pm >>>
In regard to: Re: [Networker] Windows 7.1.2. vs 7.1.3, Librado
Pamintuan...:

> I just upgraded from v6.1.4 to v7.1.3 and I cannot connect to my
> Netware, W2K and WinNT clients.
> 'Cannot make TSA connections to default Netware server Invalid name
or
> password, connection limit exceeded, or TSA Unavailable'
>
> Any ideas on what causing this and possible solutions?

You don't say what client versions you have.  That's an important
detail.

Did you read the thread last week about needing to set a special
environment variable on the server, before you start the daemons,
before
you can back up any v4 clients?  Did you try that?  Did it make a
difference for your v4 clients (the NetWare boxes, for sure)?
Also Can you browse the server's client indexes from the clients?

Other than the change with regard to aliases (which caused problems
for
several of our UNIX & Linux clients, but which I think we have
straightened out) at 7.x, we haven't had much in the way of backup
problems.  We're backing up a few NT and 2000/2003 boxes using v6.x
and
now v7.x clients, and haven't had any troubles with them.

Of course, backups are only really useful if you can actually
*restore*
data from them.  Once you get your NetWare clients to back up, I
encourage
you to test a restore, specifically of any file that was on a backup
that was part of a continuation saveset.  I would be very interested
hear your results.

Tim
--
Tim Mooney
mooney AT dogbert.cc.ndsu.NoDak DOT edu

Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.