Networker

Re: [Networker] Windows 7.1.2. vs 7.1.3

2005-02-02 16:46:42
Subject: Re: [Networker] Windows 7.1.2. vs 7.1.3
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:40:31 -0600
I just upgraded from v6.1.4 to v7.1.3 and I cannot connect to my
Netware, W2K and WinNT clients.
'Cannot make TSA connections to default Netware server Invalid name or
password, connection limit exceeded, or TSA Unavailable'

Any ideas on what causing this and possible solutions?

The Unix-AIX servers are so far connecting and able to backup.

TIA,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> conrad.macina AT PFIZER DOT COM 02/01/05 07:33am >>>
When upgrading a server from 6.x to 7.x, you have to be aware of the
new
security requirement: All network interfaces on a client must be
defined as
aliases to the server. Backups of any client for which that is not the
case
will fail after the upgrade (and remember: there's no going back
without
losing everything you backed up under 7.x).

Legato has two suggestions for identifying problem clients without
visiting
each one: 1. Upgrade, see what fails and remediate the problems; that's
fine
if you have a small data zone or well-behaved clients. 2. Shut down the
6.x
server, copy its indexes to another system with the same name (so it's
in
the servers file of all the clients), upgrade the server and all
storage
nodes and then run a savegroup that contains all clients at level
"skip".
That, they say, will identify the problem clients. Then you switch back
your production server (downgrading your storage nodes), remediate the
clients and then do the upgrade.

Legato insists that I'm the only one who has ever complained about
this.

Please excuse me, David. This doesn't really pertain to your question
about
7.1.2 vs. 7.1.3. I just saw "upgrade fro 6.1.3 to 7..." and couldn't
help
venting.

Conrad Macina
Pfizer, Inc.

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.