Networker

[Networker] Question about nsradmin scripting

2005-02-02 11:22:14
Subject: [Networker] Question about nsradmin scripting
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:18:43 -0500
I am trying to write a perl script under Solaris 9 with a NetWorker 7.1.2
server running on it.  I am not clear on how to script what should be a
simple nsradmin query.

What I want is a list of clients names that are members of a scheduled
group, plus the name of the group, and the backup schedule setting on the
group. I want to exclude groups that are not scheduled and clients that
are not assigned to any group.  I want to output this list to a file so I
can link it with mminfo and also generate a report in html format that
lists each client, group name, and when its backup is scheduled. In case
it makes any difference, we use the group entry to schedule backups, not
the client entry.

If anyone already has perl code that does this, please let me see it.

Thanks,

Stan