Networker

Re: [Networker] AlphaStor: How many device slots will Legato use for shared drive?

2005-01-26 05:45:52
Subject: Re: [Networker] AlphaStor: How many device slots will Legato use for shared drive?
From: "Wood, R A (Bob)" <WoodR AT CHEVRONTEXACO DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:38:28 -0000
You can slice and dice as you need to fill your requirements.

For instance, you may wish to share all four drives between Networker
and Storage Node. Yhen you may want to allow each SAN SN access to 1
drive (you can always have ressillience by allowing the data to go over
the network if access to the SAN drive fails for any reason)
This would give you 4 devices for the Networker server + 4 devices for
the SN + 1 each for the SAN SNs.

When checking with your Legato rep you may wish to clarify the total
device count given that you have Networker and 2 Storage Nodes (sounds
like you are a long way from a problem, last I heard was that the total
for devices (given maximum permitted Storage Nodes) was 128 devices (I
suspect that has gone up to 256 if not 512 by now... Or should do pretty
soon).

Regards
Bob