Networker

[Networker] config problems with MS Cluster

2005-01-14 03:25:20
Subject: [Networker] config problems with MS Cluster
From: Brodt Martin <Martin.Brodt AT MARCONI DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 09:18:54 +0100
Hi,

I' ve problems configuring my backup of a MS Cluster on Win 2003
Have 2 physical nodes node1, node2 with separate NIC for backups
Have 2 virtual nodes vnode1, vnode2 with the associated storage represented through Drive letter Y: and Z:

Backup server ( as client version 7.1.x ) with separate NIC for Backup LAN and direct attached livrary. Hostname resolution through local hosts file. ( know this is bad )

Created client resources for node1, node2 with saveset All.
Created client resources for vnode1, vnode2 either with saveset All or saveset < Drive letter>. Remote access settings ind the clietn resources are *@node[1,2]. I set backup command to save -c vnode[1,2].
In all cases I get a rpc failure.
rpcinfo -p <hostname> works well. So there is no network problem.
Backup of physical hosts is well.
How should I configure my virtuell nodes as backup clients. The data flow should go through the second NIC (Backup LAN).

regards, Martin
--

CSC Managed Services