Networker

[Networker] Ownership of files changes after remote recover

2005-01-11 14:25:57
Subject: [Networker] Ownership of files changes after remote recover
From: "Duross, Theresa (DET)" <TDuross AT DETMA DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTSERV.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 14:25:11 -0500
Client --Networker 6.1.3 build 428

Tru64 Unix - for this problem but belief is that this may have been seen on
other versions of Unix

Server-Networker 6.1.3 build 428

Solaris 8

When attempting a nwrecover with a local client the owner of our oracle
files appears as the user oracle which is correct.  When attempting a
nwrecover to a remote client the owner of the file is not the user oracle
but another user who should not have rights to these files.  We have tested
some scenarios such as restarting the client, locking the user and removing
the user and all have showed the same result.  At this point we have ruled
out any issues with scripts or savepnpc.

Does anyone have any thoughts/ideas or have seen this type of behavior
before?

Regards,

--Theresa Duross

TDuross AT detma DOT org