Networker

Re: [Networker] Backing up Exchange...

2005-01-05 17:51:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] Backing up Exchange...
From: Brian O'Neill <oneill AT OINC DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:51:55 -0500
This is where I was confused by the documentation. It implied that
MSEXCH: did not back up private mailboxes and public folders. Elsewhere
it seems to imply MSEXCH:IS is what I want. Instead, it seems that I
really want MSEXCH:, MSEXCH:MB, and MSEXCH:PF. Is this true? Why would I
NOT want to back up some parts, unless it was to schedule them differently?

I intend on using the same basic schedule as other clients - Full once a
month, incremental daily - with some staggering of when the fulls take
place. Does a different schedule make sense for Exchange?

Leiss, Jeffrey wrote:
You only need 1 license per server, the number of clients you have of
that server is unimportant. If you want to backup all of Exchange,
MSEXCH: is sufficient, and nsrxchsv.exe needs to be added to the backup
command field under the remote tab in the settings of the client.

-=-=-=
Jeffrey Leiss
Senior Infrastructure Analyst - ACS
jeff.leiss AT nwdc DOT net