Networker

Re: [Networker] Can NetWorker send a page as a notify?

2005-01-04 16:45:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Can NetWorker send a page as a notify?
From: Librado Pamintuan <LPamintuan AT REGINA DOT CA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:44:48 -0600
What I did on our environment, I setup a client in GroupWise to receive
just the message from Networker and created 'rules'.
If the message received from Networker contains any of these word"

- critical or waiting for tape
- tape failure
- cannot mount
- tape drive failure/error

Groupwise will then send a page to our after hour phone support and the
Tech. assigned will then check Networker for any problem or issues.

Regards,

Librado Pamintuan
Technical Support Analyst II
Information Systems Dep.
Operations Group
City of Regina

Phone:          (306) 777-7573
General Fax: (306) 777-6804
eFax:             (306) 546-6002
eMail:            lpamintuan AT regina DOT ca

>>> winslowe.lacesso AT EXXONMOBIL DOT COM 01/04/05 02:45pm >>>
Wondering if legato networker can use page as a notify, not
just email. According to the doc (V6.1.2), no.

Has anyone got it working by some means only using Legato
on Solaris? (that is, not involving any pd (public-domain)
freeware like BB - using freeware here is verboten)

Semi-OT: Can Veritas NetBackup do paging notifies?

--
Note: To sign off this list, send a "signoff networker" command via
email

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted is intended only
for the addressee and may contain confidential,
proprietary and/or privileged material. Any
unauthorized review, distribution or other use
of or the taking of any action in reliance upon
this information is prohibited. If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and
delete or destroy this message and any copies.