Networker

Re: [Networker] post process after all group finnished

2004-12-30 11:32:45
Subject: Re: [Networker] post process after all group finnished
From: Kenneth Larsen <kel AT STERIA DOT DK>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:31:56 +0100
The only reasonable way I see that working is running the savegroup from
the script too, instead of from inside networker.
Just disable the group in networker and let cron or at start the script.
It fairly easy to do, just read up on savegrp in your networker docs.
But know that you can't just stop a group from inside networker if you use
this solution, and I haven't found any other way to kill the backupjob
started from a script, than to kill the networker services.

Or, if you really want networker to manage the start of each group make
one group for each client and use savepnpc anyways

Med venlig hilsen / Regards
Kenneth Larsen
Steria
Tonsbakken 16-18
2740 Skovlunde
kel AT steria DOT dk - 44506261 - 26306261
With a revenue of 970  million Euro and more than 8,000 employees, Steria
is one of the top ten IT services companies in Europe.
Steria Denmarks ambition is to reach a yearly growth of 20% in the coming
3 years. Our focus expertise is in:  e-Business, e-Government,
Outsourcing, Infrastructure, CRM and Workflow.

Petr Hanzlik <phanzlik AT COMA DOT CZ>
Sent by: Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>
30-12-2004 16:38
Please respond to
Legato NetWorker discussion <NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU>; Please
respond to
Petr Hanzlik <phanzlik AT COMA DOT CZ>

NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[Networker] post process after all group finnished

Hello,

everybody, have you experience with run any script as post process of
group ? I need run any postscript after finnish backup of all group, no
after finnish backup of any client this group. /savepnpc and group.res
set/.

thanks,