Networker

Re: [Networker] Deleting old indexes for deleted clients..?

2004-12-29 14:37:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] Deleting old indexes for deleted clients..?
From: Preston de Guise <enterprise.backup AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 06:26:31 +1100
Hi Oscar,

> When I remove a client from networker, the old indexes don't seem to get
> removed. I've recently noticed that the /nsr/index directory is full of
> old clients. Is it supposed to be that way? Is there any way to perform
> automatic maintenance of deleted client indexes from networker? Or do I
> have to rely on 3rd-party scrips or even write one myself?

There's no automated way of doing it short of writing a script. That
could be a little tricky however so most people I know end up just
periodically checking their index directory and removing the indexes
for clients that have (a) been definitely removed and (b) are
definitely not going to be needed again.

Cheers,

-Preston.