Networker

[Networker] Browseable File(s)

2004-12-28 13:44:57
Subject: [Networker] Browseable File(s)
From: Randy Doering <rdoering AT COMCAST DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:44:13 -0500
Greetings,

      Environment: HP ES45, Tru64 Unix V5.1B, Networker 7.1-1.

      Back on 12/17/04, a full backup was done on a file system (834GBs).
Incrementals have been done once a day since then. There is a particular
directory on this file system that is of interest, because of the need of
space on it. Last week, we started laying things out on a different file
system, and then deleted this particular directory.

      Today, I go and browse the old directory, and find that the contents
in the directory is zero data. I've used "recover", "nwrecover". Why can't
I browse the index to find the previous backups? We are well within the
browse policy time (1 month) and retention.

      Will I have to do a saveset recover?

      Thank you very much.

Randy