Networker

Re: [Networker] Deleting savesets

2004-12-27 15:39:12
Subject: Re: [Networker] Deleting savesets
From: Andrew Harkin <andrew.harkin_networker AT MCKENNAN DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 14:38:19 -0600
>> Andrew
>>
>> You use the nsrmm command to achieve this.
>>
>> Nsrmm -d -y -S SSID
>
>On a normal volume, this wouldn't affect the data at all, only the
>databases for the data.  Does this actually delete the data when it's
>an adv_file device?

I had seen the -d option, but got the same impression.  According to the CLI
guide, it says that it will delete the file indexes and media DB entries,
but not destroy the volume.  It's talking about doing it to a whole volume,
but I took it as meaning that on a saveset level, it wouldn't free up the
space on the device.

Andrew Harkin

message.