Networker

[Networker] Deleting savesets

2004-12-27 13:48:27
Subject: [Networker] Deleting savesets
From: Andrew Harkin <andrew.harkin_networker AT MCKENNAN DOT ORG>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 12:47:39 -0600
In writing my other question to the group, I realized another that I had
meant to ask.

As part of our nightly backups, we have a repairdisk save coming from a
dozen or so NT4 clients that are left lingering out there on our network.
They save to a single adv_file device, and I'd always meant to make sure
that they're getting cleaned up.

Now that they've been running a couple months, I keep watching the volume
grow in size, and as I expected, it doesn't seem to be cleaning them up as
they expire.  I know I can handle this through staging fairly easily,
however, I was wondering if there's a way that a single saveset can be
deleted from a volume.  I've seen a few people hint at it, but never an
explanation of how it's accomplished.  I have already been able to get a
list of ssids and savetimes from mminfo, but don't know what set of commands
might erase that saveset and free up the space.

If there is no way to do this, I planned on just staging the savesets off to
our sets of daily tapes and letting them die along with the dailys.

Andrew Harkin

message.