Networker

[Networker] recommendations sought for backing up Hyperion Essbase db's

2004-12-06 12:30:52
Subject: [Networker] recommendations sought for backing up Hyperion Essbase db's
From: Ty Young <Phillip_Young AT I2 DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 11:29:54 -0600
All,

According to Hyperion's docs there are two ways to accomplish backups of an
Essbase database:  placing the db in 'archive' mode, or exporting it.

Wondering if anybody else has found particular success (or problems) with
either of these methods.   We have recently upgraded to Essbase 7.1 (using
NetWorker 7.1 for the actual backup process) but our contractor quit before
setting up the backup scripts.

TIA
-ty

Phillip T. ("Ty") Young, DMA
Manager, Data Center and Backup/Recovery Services
Information Services
i2 Technologies, Inc.