Networker

[Networker] How big can an index grow?

2004-12-01 20:28:19
Subject: [Networker] How big can an index grow?
From: George Sinclair <George.Sinclair AT NOAA DOT GOV>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 20:31:12 -0500
If you never run another full, how long will NetWorker continue to grow
the client index? At what point will it force another full? Let's
suppose you have a client with a 1 month browse period and you run a
full, and then you just continue running incrementals and/or various
level backups for the next couple of months?

I ask this because I thought I'd read that it's browse time 'plus one
cycle' that's actually added on to the browse time, but if that's the
case then seems you could go forever and NetWorker would be obligated to
just keep expanding it? That doesn't seem right, though.

George