Networker

[Networker] FIXED: RE: [Networker] Trying to perform a DR on a winxp client.

2004-12-01 10:11:42
Subject: [Networker] FIXED: RE: [Networker] Trying to perform a DR on a winxp client.
From: Paul Crossman <pcrossma AT ORANGE DOT US>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:10:29 -0500
For those that are interested, I've found the issues and the solution.

It appears that it was a combination of things.

First:  Networker, for some strange reason, marked the save set as
suspect on my last restore attempt.

Also, when recovering the SYSTEM DB/STATE/FILES savesets, Networker
instantly said it was done.  Hmmm  Strange...  I found a note in the KB
about certain client versions performing the backup and trying to
recover from an upgraded version of the client.  7.1.1 was not one of
the ones listed.

I upgraded the client to 7.1.1 and VIOLA!!!  :)  SYSTEM savesets are
recovering nicely as I type this.

Paul C.