Networker

Re: [Networker] HI All ! After I backuped Data of Server By LTO Tape. I write garbage data in header segment of LTO Tape by Tar of Unix Command

2004-11-29 05:30:26
Subject: Re: [Networker] HI All ! After I backuped Data of Server By LTO Tape. I write garbage data in header segment of LTO Tape by Tar of Unix Command
From: Stan Horwitz <stan AT TEMPLE DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 05:29:28 -0500
On Mon, 29 Nov 2004, Kwon Sang Deuk wrote:

>HI ALL
>I has important question. After backup data of Unix Server by Legato. and
>I also write same tape in  Tape Header segement of LTO Tape by tar
>and Legato can't read header this Tape because broeken header of Tape from
>Unix ' Command  of Tar
>However The Backuped Data is very important . and then  I wanna recover
>data in LTO Tape
>Can i restore data  except broken header data ?
>I use fsf of mt (tape control command) but I can't go next block (It can't
>search EOF segment)
>How  can i restore data that is right from next block ?
>if know answer . send me advisor . plz.

I do not think this is possible for the typical person to do. You need a
special tape drive which will ignore tape marks and you need the skill to
do it. You would have more luck sending the tape away to a data recovery
service. You can find data recovery services by googling for them. Even
then, the odds of reading your tape are probably low and the cost will be
high.