Networker

Re: [Networker] Networker Exchange Installation

2004-11-20 22:35:53
Subject: Re: [Networker] Networker Exchange Installation
From: Scott Bingham <sfbing AT EARTHLINK DOT NET>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 19:34:41 -0800
Hello Randy,

The Exchange Module is trying to be sure that the Exchange Virtual Server
for which you are asking for a backup is active on the physical node on
which it is running.  The cluster management software cannot find an
Exchange Virtual Server named "jcvsf-exchange.jcvsf.corp" on the cluster at
all, because Exchange Virtual Server names are not IP names, and thus should
not be FQDN names.  You should specify the proper name, probably just
"jcvsf-exchange".

In a cluster environment, Microsoft provides a Virtual Exchange Server name,
which does not necessarily match any other name in the cluster.  For
Exchange Module, it is specified with a "-a" option on the nsrxchsv.exe
command line.  It must be different from the physical nodename, as well as
from the cluster alias.

In this case, it appears that you are either not specifying the "-a" name,
or else are putting the FQDN name "jcvsf-exchange.jcvsf.corp" into this
field.

This is discussed in greater detail in a separate chapter on Clusters in the
Admin Guide for the Exchange Module.

Thanks,
_Scott