Networker

[Networker] Solaris and SG-XPCI2SCSI-LM320 LVD Card

2004-11-19 10:26:15
Subject: [Networker] Solaris and SG-XPCI2SCSI-LM320 LVD Card
From: "Matthew C. Aycock" <matt AT MATHCS.EMORY DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 10:23:15 -0500
I am having a problem installing my new SAIT jukebox. I am using
SUN's new XPCI LVD card which uses the mpt driver. Probe-scsi-all
sees both drives and the jukebox. However, the st driver will not
attach to the drives and create /dev/rmt entries.

To make matters more interesting, if I do a net boot of the install
image I used to install the server, it will see the drives and
create device entries. However, upon reboot of the system the st
driver does not attach anymore.

Any ideas? Has anyone used this LVD card and ANY LVD tape drive?

Thanks,

Matt
Matthew C. Aycock
Operating Systems Analyst/Developer, Lead
Dept Math/CS
Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Internet:  matt AT mathcs.emory DOT edu