Networker

[Networker] Licensing errors

2004-11-18 09:05:45
Subject: [Networker] Licensing errors
From: Philippe Michel <philippe.michel AT THALES-IS DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 15:04:45 +0100
I seem to have a probleme with NetWorker licensing (NetWorker 7.1.2 on
Solaris 8). For some clients (not always the same), I get error messages
like :

* spleen:/usr savepnpc: RAP error: Unable to grant SERVER (UNIVERSAL)
CLIENT license to client spleen: Too many clients.  Maximum is 95

But I have a little less than 95 clients (92 connected clients + 2
defined, no applications or clusters).

I think this started after I accidentally added more than 95 clients. I
deleted the extra clients and their savesets, but it looks like this
somehow corrupted NetWorker databases.

Another symptom that may be related is that nsrlic -v gives weird
numbers of connected and defined clients, with some clients listed at
bots places and some only in connected clients (although they were
backed-up sucessfully) :

SERVER (UNIVERSAL) CLIENT LICENSES
                     Available: 95
                          Used: 84
          Borrowed from Server: 2
                     Remaining: 9
             Connected Clients: annuaire-cv, archibgx1,
                                archisv, bgx-epo, bgx-epo3,
                                bgxadr1, bgxadr2, bgxadrt1,
[...]
               Defined Clients: amsnt2, archibgx1, archisv,
                                bgx-epo3, bgxadrt1, bgxdev1,
[...]

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have any suggestions ?

There were a few messages in this list recently regarding "RAP error:
Unable to extract resource info for client ..." errors and the suggested
solutions were tricks like deleting all aliases.

Although these are different problems, could they both be related to a
more general lack of robustness in NetWorker resource database ? Are
there patches related to this ?