Networker

[Networker] restore and save at the same time

2004-11-16 21:19:47
Subject: [Networker] restore and save at the same time
From: Mark Z <mznidarsic AT WABTEC DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:04:26 -0500
I'm having an issue that when I am doing a restore, and then a backup
kicks off, Networker gets confused about mounting or unmounting a tape.
It seems to go into limbo about the location of the tape.  it can't
unmount because it is mounting and can't complete the mount anyway.  The
only solution I have found is to restart the server and make sure no
backups kick off until the restore is completed. I have additional tape
drives available for use, so there is no resource issue.  It also seems to
be happy with any drive it grabs so there is no hardware issue.  Has
anyone seen this behavior before? is there a more viable solution so I
don't lose all my backups for the night while playing with the restore?
This is the third time I have seen this behavior .....

thanks in advance,

Mark Z

server : win2k
client : hp-ux