Networker

Re: [Networker] General Help

2004-11-15 05:35:19
Subject: Re: [Networker] General Help
From: Davina Treiber <Treiber AT HOTPOP DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 10:08:28 +0000
Maine, Daniel wrote:
Hey all.  I am getting ready to go on vacation and would like to suspend
receiving emails from the group while I am away. I know that it is a simple
command, but do not know how to do it.  I also would like to know how to
activate, receive email again, my account when I return.

If you go to the list's homepage at
http://listmail.temple.edu/archives/networker.html
you can amend various settings of your subscription, including in the
miscellaneous section the item called NOMAIL (mail delivery disabled
temporarily). It is much appreciated when listers take the trouble to do
this, particularly if you use an auto-responder when you go away. Others
who don't take the trouble to do this often find on their return that
this has been done by the list admins, following complaints from other
posters. Some auto-responder software is so dumb that they even post
their responses to the list.

My own preference is to have a dedicated email address that I use to
receive list messages. If I were to set up an auto-responder (which in
fact I never do) then it would only reply to messages sent to my
personal email address.