Networker

[Networker] How to change clone's retention / staging question

2004-11-09 18:14:14
Subject: [Networker] How to change clone's retention / staging question
From: "G.V." <g_vas_66 AT YAHOO.COM DOT AU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:13:20 +1100
Is there a way to change clone's retention?

We'd like to backup to a disk (keep data there for a short period - a week),
clone save sets the following day to a tape and send tapes offsite. Obviously,
clones retention should be longer (say a month).

I guess Legato staging is an option. The only problem, we'd like to send data
offsite straight away, not to wait for a week till it gets migrated from disk
storage.

Wonder what is the best way to archive this ?

Regards,

Glen