Networker

[Networker] How to maintain a read only tape inside the changer without being recycled?

2004-11-04 10:56:24
Subject: [Networker] How to maintain a read only tape inside the changer without being recycled?
From: Manel Rodero <manel AT FIB.UPC DOT ES>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 16:55:28 +0100
Hello,

We've found another change in the functionality of Legato NetWorker 7.1.2
with the read only tapes. To help in the process of recovering things we
have inside the changers the tapes corresponding to the actual week and the
tapes for the past week (in read only mode).

This has been working in this manner for years but now (with 7.1.2) we've
seen that Legato automatically recycles tapes in read only mode (due to the
'nsrim' process executed after finishing a backup).

As we want to separate the tapes for the different weeks we don't want that
Legato recycles a read only tape inside the changer that corresponds to the
past week.

Do you know if is it possible to change this behaviour?

Any idea about how to maintain these tapes inside the changer without Legato
recycling them? (of course, we know that we can have them protected against
writing -physically- but we don't want to do this because in the past we had
some problems with tapes with writing prevention).

Thank you very much!

 o o o  Manel Rodero                   | LCFIB - UPC
 o o o  Systems Manager & HelpDesk     | Campus Nord - Modul B6
 o o o  Laboratori de Calcul           | Jordi Girona, 1-3
 U P C  Facultat Informatica Barcelona | 08034 Barcelona (Spain)

 Mail : manel AT fib.upc DOT es               | Tel: +00 34 93 401 6940
 Web  : http://www.fib.upc.es/~manel   | Fax: +00 34 93 401 7040