Networker

Re: [Networker] Assistance with ACSLS needed.

2004-10-28 18:27:09
Subject: Re: [Networker] Assistance with ACSLS needed.
From: "Mark Bradshaw (BTOpenWorld)" <notthehoople AT BTOPENWORLD DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 23:34:14 +0100
Hi Guy,

At the risk of boring the rest of the list with ACSLS stuff.....!

To setup an ACSLS server you basically:

As root:
- pkgadd STKacsls
- cd <ACS_HOME>/install
- ./install.sh (will most likely mess with /etc/system and reboot the box.
Careful if your replacement server runs any other databases as install.sh
*will* break them.)
- ./install.sh (after the reboot - configures the database)
- (this will also ask for the scsi id of the *robot* interface only)
- install complete

Then login as "acsss" user and:
- run: acsss_config
- set ACSLS config variables via menu options 1-5
- (possibly) use option 8 to define your library

So the information you really need to rebuild an environment like yours is:
- the database backup which is taken each day to /export/home/....
- output of dv_config -d (make automate...)
- the ACSLS license details
- the ACSLS software (not being funny - this can be difficult to get hold
of!)

To be honest, though, if you are not using volume access control then your
setup and database will be very simple and the 9740 is a small library so I
would just:

- attach library to new server
- reinstall ACSLS on new server
- redefine new library in acsss_config
- login to ACSLS and AUDIT the library
- back in business!

I would recommend you have a practice at this. It isn't difficult or time
consuming to do if you can get the downtime to disconnect your library.
Remember to test this out you only need to move the connection of the robot
- leave all the drives connected to NetWorker and just shut it down for the
duration of your test.

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Mark