Networker

Re: [Networker] Fiber Backups Only

2004-10-28 02:33:46
Subject: Re: [Networker] Fiber Backups Only
From: Riaan Louwrens <riaanl AT SOURCECONSULTING.CO DOT ZA>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 08:33:30 +0200
You can as well backup your client directly over fibre - so dewvices that they
have access to (over the fibre off course). You would need DSN (dedidated
storage node licenses for these).

You will still need IP connectivity from your BS to your clients though (name
reolsution, backup commands / management etc) but your data will go over fibre.

Is this what you wante to know? As Stand said, it is perhapsd better if you
clarify your infrastructur and what you want to do a bit.

Regards,
Riaan