Networker

Re: [Networker] Parallelism - configuration or bug?

2004-10-26 11:30:11
Subject: Re: [Networker] Parallelism - configuration or bug?
From: "Maarten Boot (CWEU-USERS/CWNL)" <Maarten.Boot AT NL.COMPUWARE DOT COM>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:29:17 +0200
Networker will happily leave the second tape drive alone untill the <drive
paralellism> set for this drive is reached, only then will it consider
another device.

what is the group paralellism (the group the clients are in)
Are the other savesets possible on the same disk (physical or logical).

I expect you have no pending messages for that pool?

Maarten

On Tuesday 26 October 2004 17:07, Clark, Patricia wrote:
> I've combed the archives on this issue without much success on a possible
> resolution.  I have a full backup currently in progress with 2 clients.
> Each client has multiple save sets pending, yet each client has only 1 save
> set in process, both on the same tape drive.  My 2nd tape drive sits idle.
> Why?
>
> Info:
> Server: Solaris 9 - fully patched
> Client1: Solaris 8
> Client2: Solaris 7
> Networker 7.1.2 on server and clients
> Server parallelism: 12
> Both clients parallelism: 6
> Quantum M2500 JB - 2 LTO-2 tape drives
> Target sessions on both tape drives: 4
>
> I've been using these settings for 3 months and have seen multiple sessions
> execute in parallel as documented.  Today, this is not happening.  At the
> rate that this backup is processing, it will take days instead of hours.
> Ideas?  Suggestions?
>
> Patti Clark
> Unix System Administrator
> Office of Scientific and Technical Information
>
> --
> also view and post messages to the list. Questions regarding this list
> should be sent to stan AT temple DOT edu

Maarten Boot,
Compuware Europe B.V.
Hoogoorddreef 5
1101 BA Amsterdam