Networker

Re: [Networker] backup size

2004-10-22 12:45:59
Subject: Re: [Networker] backup size
From: Dave Mussulman <mussulma AT CS.UIUC DOT EDU>
To: NETWORKER AT LISTMAIL.TEMPLE DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:45:18 -0500
On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 11:36:18AM -0500, Tim Mooney wrote:
> In regard to: Re: [Networker] backup size, Michael Brooks said (at
> 9:26am...:
>
> >thanx maarten- but my question is more for an entire saveset per night
> >as opposed to a single client. i am trying to get a feel for how much
> >data we are backing up total (and how much of an increase we have had
> >recently). thanx
>
> mminfo -q 'client=your_client_name' -r
> 'name,ssid,sscreate(20),sscomp(20),nfiles,totalsize'
>
> That will report all savesets, for any filesystem on the client.  You
> can restrict the query to just recent savesets for a particular name
> (filesystem on the client) using additional query parameters.

I'll add that Networker 7something added better formatting if you're
taking mminfo data and importing it into something else (script,
spreadsheet, etc.)  From the manpage:

     -x exportspec
          As an alternative to the default human-readable  output
          format,  exportspec provides for two styles of program-
          readable output formats.  The exportspec  `m'  displays
          XML  output,  while  exportspec `c<separator>' displays
          values separated by any single character.  For example,
          `mminfo -xc,' will produce comma-separated values.

Dave